National Archives and Records Administration
Information Technology Agency Summary
This is a snapshot of data for all agencies for the current fiscal year (FY) 2021, which is October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021. The Total FY2021 Spending is the total non-classified DME and O&M agency funding amounts spent in FY2021. The Projects on Schedule and Projects on Budget show the percentage of projects that are performing close to their planned schedules and planned costs. Displayed as well is the number of Major Investments (“Majors”) there are and what % of the Total FY2021 Spending on Major Investments is being spent on them.
Calculations used for Projects on Schedule:
- Schedule Variance = Planned Completion Date – Actual or Projected Completion Date
- Duration = Planned Completion Date – Planned Start Date
- Schedule Variance % = (Schedule Variance / Duration) x 100
- Projects on Schedule is the total number of projects with Schedule Variance that is < 10%.
Calculations used for Projects on Budget:
- Cost Variance = Planned Total Costs – Projected or Actual Total Costs
- Cost Variance % = (Cost Variance / Planned Total Cost) x 100
- Projects on Budget is the total number of projects with Cost Variance that is < 10%.
A major IT investment ("major") is an investment that:
- requires special management attention because of its importance to the mission or function of the agency, a component of the agency requires special management attention because of its importance to the mission or function to the government;
- has significant program or policy implications;
- has high executive visibility;
- has high development, operating, or maintenance costs;
- has unusual funding mechanism; or
- is defined as major by the agency’s capital planning and investment control process.
Agencies should also include all “major automated information systems” as defined in 10 U.S.C. 2445 and all “major acquisitions” as defined in the OMB Circular A-11 Capital Programming Guide consisting of information resources. OMB may work with the agency to declare IT investments as major IT investments. Agencies must consult with assigned OMB desk officers and Resource Management Offices (RMOs) regarding which investments are considered major.
This table displays all agencies investments. You can filter the investments by bureau name and/or by investment type (Funding / Contribution / Major / Non-Major). The table columns are sortable by clicking on the up or down arrows. You may also search the Individual Investments table by entering a word or phrase into the 'Search' text entry box.